Cataloguing in IAGOS
Context of Cataloguing in IAGOS
Summary of IAGOS requirements for Cataloguing
- Do you use catalogues or require using catalogues for the following items?
- Observation system? require
- Data processing system? require
- Observation event and collected sample? maybe
- Data processing event? no
- Data product? yes
- Paper or report product? no
- Research objects or feature interest (e.g. site, taxa, ...)? yes (airport)
- Services (processing, discovery, access, retrieval, publishing, visualization, etc.)? no
- For each used or required catalogue, consider the following questions:
- Item descriptions: ISO 19115
- Which fields do you use for describing items? ISO 19115 fields
- Which standards do you apply for these fields (format or standard model)? ISO 19115
- Do you use controlled vocabularies for these fields? If so, please cite the vocabulary service providers.
NetCDF-CF for parameters, WMO on going task for controlled vocabulary for atmosphere
- Do you maintain a cross-link or inter-links between:
- Catalogue items (e.g. between observation system - observation event - result dataset)? ISO19115 to sensorml
- Fields for item description and actual items (e.g. between dataset fields - dataset access services or between sample fields - label on the sample)?
- Which repositories/software do you use to manage your metadata? Managed by AERIS (geonetwork)
- Human inputs: Do you provide/need facilities for editors/reviewers to maintain the metadata in the catalogues (e.g. forms, validation workflow, etc.)? If so, please describe them briefly. NA (machine input)
- Machine inputs: Do you use/ need automated harvesting to populate your catalogues? If so, which protocol do you use (e.g. csw, oai-pmh, other, specific)? no
- How do you manage duplicates? i.e. Do you apply governance rules in a network of catalogues, do you use unique identifiers, or take other actions? yes, unique identifiers
- Human outputs:
- What specific feature is provided/required in your web discovery function (multi-criteria search, graphical selection components (e.g. map, calendar), facets, keyword or natural language)? Not natural language
- Do you evaluate the accessibility, quality, and usage of your catalogue by using a dashboard or value-added products? If so, do you provide/need:
- Popularity or Usage feedback?
- Any other synthesis, indicators or statistics?
no (but planned in AERIS portal)
If so, please describe them shortly.
- Is the catalogue freely readable or do you apply a specific authorization scheme? If you are applying a specific authorization scheme, please cite the authentication system (SSO) and the authorization rules. free
- Machine outputs:
- Do you provide/need machine interfaces for accessing your catalogues? If so, which protocols are implemented? CSW (on going)
- Do you need to fit in Applicable Regulations requirements (e.g. INSPIRE) or embedding frameworks (GEOSS, OBIS)? If so, please cite the regulation, applicable interface requirements, impacts (format, performance, access policy, etc.) on your catalogues. INSPIRE
- Item descriptions: ISO 19115
Formalities (who & when)
is the Manager of the IAGOS Information system
Period of requirements collection