Category:CV Integration points
The CV defines the interfaces that support mutual invocation of CV objects functionality, allowing the composition objects to support complex interactions. Examination of these interfaces permits a set of possible bindings to be derived; for each of these bindings, the interaction between the bound objects can be specified in order to define the objects' behaviour when such a binding occurs. This then serves as a basis by which to synthesise the computational behaviour of the entire RI under different use-cases. The CV describes these use cases in detail by providing six integration models. These interactions can occur between lifecycle phases provided by a single RI, but also allow integration of components provided by third parties. The interactions define compound bindings between objects that allow the movement of scientific dataset between different parts of a research infrastructure.
- CV Brokered Data Export (the export of user-requested data)
- CV Brokered Data Import (the import of user-provided data)
- CV Brokered Data Query (the querying of curated data by users)
- CV Citation (the resolution of data and resources cited in publications)
- CV Instrument Integration (the integration of new instruments for data acquisition into the infrastructure)
- CV Raw Data Collection (the acquisition of raw data from integrated data sources)
The aggregation of these core interactions form a minimal computational model for environmental science research infrastructures that can be used as a starting point for modelling real infrastructures.