Curation in EMBRC
Context of curation in EMBRC / St Andrews
Questionnaire answers from EMBRC/St Andrews on Curation available at: https://envriplus.manageprojects.com/projects/requirements/notebooks/470/pages/40
Summary of EMBRC /St Andrews requirements for Curation
- Will the responsibility for your RI’s curation be shared with other organisations?
- Does the curation cover datasets or also
> It covers Software, Operating environment and Specifications/documentation
- What is your curation policy on discarding
- How will data accessibility be maintained for the long term? E.g. What is your curation policy regarding media migration?
> None to my knowledge
- Do you track with a logging system all curation activities?
> Not to my knowledge
- What metadata standards do you use for providing
b.Contextualisation (including rights, privacy, security, quality,suitability...)
c.Detailed access-level (i.e. connecting software to data within an operating environment)?
> No standard policy
- If you curate software how do you do it? Preserving the software or a software specification?
> Preserving the software but we also specify software.
> At the moment this is not really done because software is developed mainly by PhD students who stop curating it once they finish their studies. There is a real need for a resource that can provide assistance for curating software
- What provisions will you make for curating workflows?
> It varies
- If you curate the operating environment how do you do it? Preserving the environment or an environment specification?
> Not relevant
- What steps in tooling, automation and presentation do you consider necessary to improve take up of curation facilities and to reduce the effort required for curation?
> Not relevant
Formalities (who & when) 
|Cristina Adriana Alexandru|
Period of requirements collection