Curation in IAGOS
Context of Curation in IAGOS
Summary of IAGOS requirements for curation
- Will the responsibility for your RI’s curation activities be shared with other organisations? no
- Does the curation cover datasets only or also:
- Software? planned
- Operating environment? no
- Specifications/documentation? Store software together with dataset, but not versions of data. In the past, only kept the last version of data, but in the new project, IGAS, will keep all versions of data.
- What is your curation policy on retaining/discarding
- Datasets? everything kept
- Software? git for versioning
- Operating environments? no
- Documents? all
- How will data accessibility be maintained for the long term? E.g. What is your curation policy regarding media migration? Institute’s policy
- Do you track all curation activities with a logging system? no
- What metadata standards do you use for providing
- Discovery, ISO 19115, INSPIRE
- Contextualisation (including rights, privacy, security, quality, suitability...) ISO 19115
- Detailed access-level (i.e. connecting software to data within an operating environment)? General link to portal
Please supply documentation.
- If you curate software how do you do it? Preserving the software or a software specification? Unit test for no regression
- What provisions will you make for curating workflows or other processing procedures/protocols?
- If you curate the operating environment how do you do it? Preserving the environment or an environment specification?
- What steps in tooling, automation and presentation do you consider necessary to improve take up of curation facilities and to reduce the effort required for curation?
Formalities (who & when)
is the Manager of the IAGOS Information system
Period of requirements collection