Curation in SIOS
Context of curation in SIOS
Summary of SIOS requirements for curation
- Will the responsibility for your RI’s curation be shared with other organisations? [can’t answer]
- Does the curation cover datasets or also:
- Software? [can’t answer]
- Operating environment? n/a
- Specifications/documentation? [can’t answer]
- What is your curation policy on discarding
- Operating environments?
- How will data accessibility be maintained for the long term? E.g. What is your curation policy regarding media migration? [can’t answer]
- Do you track with a logging system all curation activities? [can’t answer]
- What metadata standards do you use for providing
- Contextualisation (including rights, privacy, security, quality, suitability...)
- Detailed access-level (i.e. connecting software to data within an operating environment)?
Please supply documentation.
- If you curate software how do you do it? Preserving the software or a software specification?
- What provisions will you make for curating workflows? [can’t answer]
- If you curate the operating environment how do you do it? Preserving the environment or an environment specification? [can’t answer]
- What steps in tooling, automation and presentation do you consider necessary to improve take up of curation facilities and to reduce the effort required for curation? [can’t answer]
Formalities (who & when) 
|Jon Borre Orbek, Angelo Viola, Vito Vitale|
Period of requirements collection
|Aug 2015- Jan 2016|