SV Community Roles
A role in a community is a prescribing behaviour that can be performed any number of times concurrently or successively. A role can be either active (typically associated with a human actor) or passive (typically associated with a non-human actor, e.g. software or hardware components).
Active roles are identified in relation to people associated with a research infrastructure:
- those who use the research infrastructure to do science;
- those who work on resources to build, maintain and operate the research infrastructure; and
- those who govern, manage and administer the research infrastructure
Passive roles are identified with subsystems, subsystem components, and hardware facilities. Active roles interact with passive roles to achieve their objectives.
- Research Infrastructure
- Roles in the Data Acquisition Community
- Roles in the Data Curation Community
- Roles in the Data Publishing Community
- Roles in the Data Processing Community
- Roles in the Data Use Community
Research Infrastructure is the main entity being modeled in any ENVRI RM specification, additionally RI is a special role which can be part of the communities. This role is defined as follows.
Research Infrastructure: An active or passive role, which is the conglomeration of research resources providing some subset of data acquisition, data curation, data publishing, data processing and data use functionality to a research community.